TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE INTERNATIONAL HYBRID CONFERENCE
OF THE POLISH ASSOCIATION FOR COGNITIVE AND BEHAVIORAL THERAPY
"Tailor-made. Cognitive-behavioral therapy. May 17-19, 2024".
§ 1 General Provisions
- The International Scientific Conference "Tailor-made. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy" (hereinafter also referred to as the "Conference") will be held in a hybrid formula on May 17-19, 2024. Hybrid formula means both the participation of participants stationary in Warsaw and real-time transmission. Both forms of participation allowing passive participation of Participants, as well as for them to ask questions to the speakers and participate in the discussion, as well as to make available audio and/or video recordings of selected, pre-recorded speeches.
- The Conference has an international character.
- The language of the Conference is Polish. The organizer will provide simultaneous translation of selected speeches and presentations of lecturers from abroad. Materials presented by the speakers will not be translated.
- The organizer of the Conference is the Polish Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies named after Prof. Zdzisław Bizon, based in Warsaw (hereinafter also referred to as the "Organizer").
- Participants of the Conference may be members of the Polish Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies and other persons who have registered a desire to participate in the Conference.
- Conference Participants are: Active Participants (persons delivering a paper, conducting a workshop, participating in symposia or panels, or presenting a poster) and Passive Participants (persons not delivering a paper, conducting a workshop, participating in symposia or panels, or presenting a poster).
- The Conference will include scientific and educational sessions (including pre-conference workshops, plenary lectures, symposia, workshops, supervisions and poster sessions).
- The Organizers reserve the right to cancel the Conference. In case of cancellation of the Conference, the Organizers are obliged to inform the Participants no later than 7 days before the scheduled start of the Conference.
- Detailed Schedule and Program of the Conference will be published on the website of the Polish Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies: www.konferencja.pttpb.pl.
- The organizers reserve the right to make changes to the Schedule and Program of the Conference.
- The provisions of these Terms & Conditions are an integral part of the Conference participation application and apply to all Participants.
§ 2. Consent to share image
The Participant, by accepting these Terms and Conditions, declares that he/she is aware that online participation in the conference means that, as part of the Participant's participation with the camera on the Participant's device, the other participants in the conference will be able to see the Participant's image and personal information. The Participant hereby consents to this.
The Participant, by accepting these Terms & Conditions, declares that he/she agrees that the Organizer may record the course of the Conference (its individual modules, panels, speeches), in terms of audio and video recording. The Participant, by accepting these Regulations, declares that he/she agrees that his/her image and personal details, included in the recordings referred to in the preceding sentence, may be made available to other recorded participants for a period of 30 days from the date of activation of availability after the Conference, of which date all participants will be informed three days in advance.
§ 3 Participation in the Conference
- The conditions for participation in the Conference are:
- Application for participation in the Conference by completing the Participation Application Form available through the link provided on the PTTPB website, link: www.konferencja.pttpb.pl. Application for participation should indicate the choice of Pre-Conference Workshop, if the Participant has chosen to participate in such a workshop.
- Payment of the conference fee.
- The conference fees are indicated in the pricelist.
- Registration for the Pre-Conference Workshop is possible only, for those who have registered for the Conference and paid the Conference fee.
- The Conference fee should be sent to the bank account of the Polish Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy No. 15 1050 1038 1000 0022 3148 3237, indicating in the title of the payment: "Conference fee, name of Participant". The fee is a one-time payment there is no possibility of payment in installments.
- At the request of the Participant, notified in the Registration Form, the Organizer shall issue a VAT invoice for participation in the Conference to the data provided by the Participant in the Registration Form.
- The invoice shall be issued on the basis of the exact data for the invoice, including the Tax Identification Number of the company to which it is to be issued.
- The Organizer informs that after the end of the conference it will not be possible to correct invoices already issued.
- It is not possible to issue combined or split invoices.
- Participation in the Conference may involve the need for Participants to incur additional fees charged by entities providing Participants with access to the Internet. The Organizer does not provide Internet access for Participants.
- The cost of participation in the Conference, the Participant shall cover on his/her own.
- The deadline for submission of participation applications using the Registration Form is 11.05.2024. The Organizer reserves the right to establish a limit of places, after which it may close the registration for the Conference and/or Pre-Conference Workshops before the indicated deadline.
- Failure to pay the conference fee within 3 days from the date of registration entitles the Organizer to cancel the registration of participation without incurring any liability on this account.
- For selected, marked in the program, included in the conference fee (indicated on the website www.konferencja.pttpb.pl) workshops, supervision sessions are subject to reservation of places and the order of registration is decisive. The method of reserving places will be announced by the organizer at www.konferencja.pttpb.pl no later than 7 days before the start of the conference.
- Educational hours to which a passive participant is entitled:
- for participation in the conference xx hours;
- for participation in the pre-conference workshop x hours;
- The hours obtained will be taken into account when renewing the Certificate of Psychotherapist of PACBT and Supervisor-Didactician of PACBT.
- Educational hours to which an active participant is entitled:
- for participation in the conference xx hours;
- for participation in the pre-conference workshop x hours;
- for presenting a speech or workshop x hours;
- for presenting a poster x hours.
- The hours obtained will be taken into account for the renewal of the Certificate of Psychotherapist PACBT and Supervisor-Didactician PACBT.
- Doctors participating in the Conference will receive X educational points, according to the current regulation of the Ministry of Health. If the approval of the Medical Chamber is obtained.
- If the conference fee and workshop fee payable to PACBT members who have paid membership fees up to and including 2023 and EABCT members are marked in the registration form, by persons not entitled to it (not a member of PACBT who has paid membership fees up to and including 2023 or not a member of EABCT), the organizer reserves the right not to accept the application to the conference.
- As part of the registration fee, the Stationary Participant receives .....
- As part of the registration fee, the Online Participant receives individual access to the Conference's Internet Digital Platform (hereinafter referred to as the Platform) within which he/she can use the following services:
- streaming consisting of live transmission of lectures and workshops of the Conference,
- possibility to ask questions to the speakers and participate in the interactive elements of the Conference,
- access to virtual poster sessions, the Conference newsletter and materials provided by Conference partners,
- 30-day access to selected archived recordings of speeches, the start date of access will be communicated to all participants three days in advance
- Individual access data to the Platform may not be transferred to other persons. If the Organizer determines that an unauthorized person is using the individual access data of a given Participant to participate in the Conference (concurrently or at different times), the Organizer reserves the right to block access to the Platform using the given ID (and other access data).
§ 4 Conditions for the provision of services by electronic means
- In order to use the Platform, the Participant should have access to the Internet and computer equipment and/or mobile device and software that meets the following requirements :
- Internet connection with an optimal bandwidth of 10 Mbps, (the minimum bandwidth is 1Mbps, which, however, may cause connection quality problems) .
- In relation to the duration of transmission, with no limits on the size of transferred data (the transfer of a film with HD resolution is about 3 GB/h), (Internet speed can be checked, for example, at https://www.speedtest.pl/).
- The latest version of the web browser Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge provided for the operating system that allows video playback,
- The browser should support Java Script and the HTML5 standard, and should have cookies and Java Script enabled.
- The use of headphones with a microphone is recommended.
- Please observe the following rules:
- Using your full name to log in. Those who do not log in under their full name may not be allowed to participate in the Conference and pre-conference workshops.
- Not sharing individual conference connection access links provided in the email with others.
- Testing the connection before the conference in case of little experience with the Zoom application.
- Since the use of electronic services over a public network such as the Internet involves the risk of infection of the computer system by unwanted software, including the risk of obtaining and modifying data, it is recommended to install a constantly updated anti-virus software and run a firewall on the terminal device (computer, mobile device) used by the Participant.
- 2 days prior to the Conference, the Participant will receive, at the email address provided during registration, a set of information on how to use the Platform, login rules and access authentication during the online transmission.
- The User logs into the Platform using his/her individual access data. These data are strictly personal and may not be transferred to any other person. They allow access to the Platform from one terminal device at a time.
- The use of individual access data to enable at least passive participation in the Conference by third parties is prohibited.
- The Organizer is not responsible for the consequences of conscious or unconscious transfer of his/her access data by the Participant to third parties.
- All content made available on the Platform (including but not limited to text, graphics, including logos and trademarks, photographs, videos, sounds, downloadable files) and their composition and structure, as well as the technical solution of the Platform itself constitute works within the meaning of the Act of February 4, 1994 on Copyright and Related Rights, and are subject to legal protection under the relevant provisions of generally applicable law.
- The participant of the Conference has the right to access the Platform and read the content presented on it. This right does not imply granting him/her permission to record them or use them for other purposes in any form. Modification of the content provided on the Platform, as well as its reproduction and copying, any form of distribution or making it available to third parties through any medium in whole or in parts in any form requires the prior written consent of the Organizer.
- The Participant is obliged not to undertake any actions that are contrary to generally applicable laws or these Terms and Conditions, and not to undertake any actions that may cause instability or overload of the Platform. In particular, it is prohibited to:
- introducing or enabling the introduction on the Platform of any content that violates the law or that was obtained by the Participant in an unlawful manner, that violates customs and copyright and intellectual property rights, or that may violate the personal rights or legally protected secrets of third parties,
- introducing or enabling the introduction of any harmful elements, including software or source code (such as, for example, computer viruses or software used to send information unsolicited by recipients - so-called Spam),
- carrying out any attempts to circumvent the security systems in place.
- Violation by the Participant of the provisions of paragraphs 4,5,7,8,9 to this paragraph shall entitle the Organizer or the technical partner - Operator of the Platform to block the Participant's access to the Platform, and the Participant shall be held fully responsible for the violation of these provisions.
- In order to ensure the smooth functioning of the Platform, the Organizer or the Operator of the Platform may send Users information or notifications of a technical nature that do not have the character of commercial information within the meaning of the Act on Provision of Electronic Services.
- The Organizer does not guarantee uninterrupted or error-free access to the Platform, but will make every effort to eliminate any disruptions as soon as they occur.
- The Organizer is not responsible for problems with joining a meeting on Zoom resulting from not knowing or not following the detailed instructions for configuring the Zoom software provided by the Organizer (http://konferencja.pttpb.pl/#/informacje-dla-uczestnikow), including in particular the installation of the local, desktop Zoom application on your computer (logging into your Zoom account in your browser is not a sufficient condition!) and changing the Display Name field.
- The Platform Operator, in the course of performing 12-month maintenance services related to providing access to the archives, shall be entitled to carry out technical or maintenance work, including that which may cause short-term, temporary hindrances or disabling of the functioning of the Platform or some of its functionalities, and thus prevent or limit access to the content collected on the Portal.
- The Platform Operator may at any time carry out necessary maintenance work that prevents or restricts access to services aimed at quickly restoring the security and stability of the ICT system.
§ 5 Cancellation of participation in the Conference
- The Participant may resign from participation in the Conference. Resignation of the Participant should be made in writing sent:
- By Polish Mail to the mailing address of PTTPB, post office box 22, Al. Solidarności 129/131, 00-951 Warsaw.
- By e-mail: email@example.com in the form of a scan of a hand-signed document.
- The date of submission of the statement of resignation to the Organizer is the date of delivery of the statement.
- In case of resignation of the Participant from the participation in the Conference:
- If the statement of resignation is delivered by 20.04.2024, half of the paid conference fee will be refunded
- In case of delivery of statement of resignation after 20.04.2024, the conference fee is not refundable
- The fee for the Pre-Conference Workshop is non-refundable regardless of the date of delivery of the statement of cancellation.
- The fee shall be refunded directly to the bank account from which it was sent. In the case of VAT invoices issued, up to 14 days after the Organizer receives a signed copy of the corrective invoice.
- If the registration fee has been paid and the Participant does not log in online at the Conference, the registration fee is not refunded and the conference materials will not be provided by the Organizer or the Organizing Office to the Participant in any form. The absent Participant is also not entitled to receive a certificate of participation in the Conference.
§ 6. Applications for active participation in the Conference - rules for submission and selection of abstracts
Conditions and dates for submission of abstracts of speeches, workshops and posters, were announced in the newsletter of 08.01.2024.
The speech, workshop or poster must not infringe on the copyright, legal and material interests of third parties within the meaning of the Act of 04.02.1994 on Copyright and Related Rights (Journal of Laws No. 24, item 83, as amended) and must not have been previously published.
Authors of speeches, workshops and posters submitted in the mode announced in the newsletter of the day do not receive fees for workshops, posters and speeches.
The Organizer will select Active Participants on the basis of submitted abstracts by 15.04.2024.
§ 7 Force Majeure. Cancellation, rescheduling of the Conference
- Force majeure means a sudden external event, beyond the control of the Organizer, making it impossible to perform the obligation in full or in the declared form and scope, impossible to predict and prevent. Such an event is, in particular, wars, natural disasters, strikes and acts of governmental authorities and administrations - such as the declaration of national mourning, as well as a state of epidemics. In the case of a digital Conference, force majeure may also be a sudden, unforeseeable inefficiency of the transmission studio or Internet or server service provider caused, for example, by flooding, fire or other failure preventing transmission.
- In cases beyond the control of the Organizer - caused by force majeure, the Organizer may decide to cancel or reschedule the conference. The Organizer is then not responsible for the benefits lost by the Participants due to this, and does not cover the lost costs incurred by the Participant due to the changes described above.
- In the event of cancellation of the Conference for reasons attributable to the Organizer, the paid fee shall be returned to the Participants in full.
- In the event that the date of the Conference is changed for reasons dependent on the Organizer, the Participant may decide to withdraw from participation in the Conference, and the paid fee shall be refunded in full.
- Refund of the fee shall be made by the Organizer who received the fee to the bank account from which the transfer was made. In the case of VAT invoices issued, up to 14 days after receiving a signed copy of the corrective invoice.
- About the cases described in items: 2, 3 and 4 of this paragraph, the Organizer will inform interested parties by posting the appropriate information on the Conference website (www.konferencja.pttpb.pl) and additionally by e-mail or text message - if in the registration application were posted and correctly entered contact details allowing this way of sending information.
§8 Other changes in the Conference
The Organizer reserves the right to change the program of the Conference, i.e., among others, the speakers, topics and hours of lectures, as well as the date and place of the Conference, if, despite the Organizer's due diligence, the original program of the Conference proves impossible or significantly difficult to implement, e.g. due to illness of the speaker or other events beyond the Organizer's control. The current program will be published on the Conference website (www.konferencja.pttpb.pl).
§ 9 Complaints
- Any complaints against the Organizer of the Conference Participants should be submitted in writing by registered mail with acknowledgment of receipt to the registered address of the Organizer.
- Participants of the Conference may submit complaints in writing no later than 3 days after the end of the Conference.
- After the expiry of the aforementioned deadline, no complaints will be considered.
§ 10 Final provisions
- Sending an application for participation through the Registration Form means acceptance of the provisions of these Regulations, as well as adherence to the regulations and any other arrangements made between the Participant and the Organizer and binding for the Participant during the Conference.
- Certificates of passive participation and confirmation of "active participation" will be sent in pdf form to the e-mail address provided by the participant in the Registration Form, after the participant logs in on the Conference platform on the day of the Conference and after delivering a speech, up to 30 days after the end of the Conference. It is not possible to receive the above-mentioned documents in hard copy. It is not possible to obtain certificates of participation in two workshops with overlapping time.
- In matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions of the Civil Code shall apply.
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions, I consent to the processing of my personal data by the Polish Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy (Administrator), 64/306a Chłodna St., 00-872 Warsaw, NIP: 5262447377 in the scope of name and surname, residential address, business address, e-mail address, telephone number, NIP number, REGON number. Legal basis for processing of personal data Art. 6 (1) (a) of Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), Art. 23 (1) pt. 1 of the Personal Data Protection Act. The Conference Organizer does not transfer, sell or lend the collected personal data of Participants to other persons or institutions. Personal data provided by the Participant is treated as confidential information and is used only for the purpose of communication between the Participant and the Conference Organizer. The Conference is closed and does not constitute a mass event within the meaning of the Act of March 23, 2009 on mass event safety (Journal of Laws 2009 No. 62, item 504). Acceptance of the regulations implies consent to the processing of personal data for conference purposes.
- The Organizer shall not be liable for any illegal use of knowledge and skills learned during the Conference.
- These Terms & Conditions shall enter into force on the date of its posting on the Conference website.
- The Organizer has the right to change the provisions of the Terms & Conditions. Amendments shall come into force within 7 days from the date of their posting on the Conference website.